My Daddy Strongest!

I have to admit that my 9 year old son, Yash is quite the papa's boy. Father and son are inseparable. At first i'm green with envy that I may never have that special a bond between me and my son. But then, I realise, what I have is a great family bonding and we work, playing out our roles perfectly. What I have with Yash is pretty special too, I guess:) I thank my luck, every day, for having such a wonderfully loving father and son duo. I have seen Yash revere every single action of his dad. This father's day, I felt I could recount the top 5 reasons why he is a superhero to Yash.



Super Power 1 - Hypnotic Stories 

Yash has had the pleasure of listening to his dad recount the million, gazillion stories from his own life, when he was a child. Daddy dear uses stories as a way of reconnecting with the past, helping Yash to understand his roots. These stories often shape Yash's behaviour as they are practical and personal. I'm myself, still caught in a trance from all the stories I've heard so far.

Super Power 2 - Humour Attack

Yash has a great sense of humour and it is fuelled by his dad with funny anecdotes, sarcasm (The 'Chandler' from FRIENDS kind) and an amusing spin to an age old tale. It eases a tense parenting situation, when he has been able to diffuse it with something funny that can still get the work done.

Super Power 3 - Kapow Role- Model

The hunk that he is, he's the perfect model;) Being a parent means, having to walk the talk. Nobody does that better. Having been extra strict about his own self, he cleaned up his act as soon as he got the news that he was going to be a dad. Yash is great as he has a role model that makes it all look easy.

Super Power 4 -  'NO' blaster vision

Yash is lucky for his dad shoots down every 'no' that ever leaves our lips. Yash asks for something, he gets it! Seems like spoiling the child? Not really, Yash makes reasonable demands and never throws a tantrum for something. A reasonable ask is met with a quick search online and some surprise purchases. While he still exercises caution, as a dad, he ensures that Yash has the best of everything.

Super Power 5 - Valiant Values

Yash has been bred on strong values. His dad never misses a 'value-teachable-moment'. I can say with certainty that Yash does not lie! Even if it is embarrassing, Yash will tell the truth. He is most respectful of everyone and always kind to others. It's no mystery where he learnt these. To tell the truth, this was one of the first few things that made me fall head over heels in love with this superhero!!

Smile, you're being framed!



So here's wishing a wonderful father and son duo, A HAPPY FATHER'S day, today and everyday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The long winding road to an Elementary School

7 reasons why I love Pramiti - Yash V Kowdley

Tales of Sir Calm-a-lot