13 reasons why..... LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL

PC: Yash the poser, Vickram behind the lens.


'I see trees of green, red roses too,
I want to watch our children bloom, for me and you!'
-Louis Armstrong

Show them it's a wonderful world, a beautiful life,
We learn from our mistakes, encounter challenges and deal with strife!


As a parent, it is our constant endeavour to keep our children out of harm's way, an instinct if you please. So the first time I heard about the Netflix release, 13 reasons why, I was aghast at why a young girl would want to give up her life and document the reasons too. I struck up a conversation with my teenaged nephew, asking him if he had watched this series. He had, and he advised me not to watch it as it was too depressing. Though I haven't watched it yet (I've taken the advice of my very insightful nephew), I believe that it is important to fill our children with positivity, just in case... I was talking about this over lunch today with a very dear friend, a lovely human being who shares the same thoughts, Kalpana Dass. Together, she and I wrote out these 13 reasons to give your children why, Life is Beautiful, in case they may need it sometime. I invite you all to join us in this lyrical journey and revel in the experience through these 13 couplets....

'Such little time, so much to do,
It's now or never, it starts with you!'


'You are the universe, the energy, the divine,
You can choose to be happy, or not to be fine!'


'Choose what matters, wisely and with care,
Choose your own path, that will take you there!'


'The winding path with crossroads galore,
Are mere opportunities to learn and explore!'


'Explore the limitations that set you back,
Realign your thoughts and stay on track!'


'Your thoughts become you, you become what you speak,
Kindness and humility, will lead you to what you seek!'


'Seek love in everything that you do,
For what you give will come right back to you!'


'You create your world, your destiny follows suit,
Conviction in your strength, is the deepest root!'


'The strength to forgive and gracefully rise high,
Letting go of hurt, will give you the wings to fly!'


'Highs and lows, the roller coaster goes up and down,
Stay firm and positive, it always comes around!'


'Everyone waltzes into your life for reasons unknown,
No matter they stay or leave, you've certainly grown!'


'Things go wrong, sometimes beyond your control,
Time will reveal the pieces, that'll make the puzzle whole!'


'Cherish the life you've been given, with utmost grace and gratitude
"You" are but a miracle, live with that attitude!'


Use these as you feel is right. Each verse has a deep meaning, and you can choose to interpret it together with your grown child. It can be a satisfying and deeply meaningful experience, if you choose to immerse yourself in it....

I'll leave you with this song that resonates our thoughts beautifully! 


Choose, because you can!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The long winding road to an Elementary School

7 reasons why I love Pramiti - Yash V Kowdley

Tales of Sir Calm-a-lot