7 reasons why I love Pramiti - Yash V Kowdley

This post is from Yash himself. When I discussed about how I constantly get queries on his experience so far at Pramiti, we felt it might be good to capture his thoughts as a guide to parents who are looking to take this journey. Yash is in 7th grade now and joined Pramiti for 1st grade. Our journey of finding a school for him has been captured here I can say that it has been a beautiful, amazing journey where me and Vickram (my husband) have enjoyed watching our son grow into a responsible, kind and smart young adult!!


So for the first time on a blog about himself, in this post Yash is penning down his thoughts in his own words.

A pic chosen by Yash for this post :)



I love my school Pramiti, and after 7 years of being in this school; I would like to share 7 reasons why I love Pramiti! Without further ado I will share with all of you my most favorite features and things about my school.


  1. One thing that stands out most (to me) about Pramiti is the friends I made there, I love the company I get in school and I love to speak with my friends when I can to have some fun and ask for help! The teachers are no less than friends, they comfort me when I’m down or speak to me for fun (they are humans too y’know!). 


  1.  I use these things that we call materials at Pramiti to help with learning or even just for a challenge (materials are things which can help you academically). These materials are very useful in early stages of learning to get the hang of subjects and are useful for higher grades as well to get a better grasp of forgotten subjects.

 

  1. I absolutely love the extracurricular activities we do at school! We have sports fields all around the campus like a football field and a basketball court and many other things. We also have sports teachers! Speaking about extracurricular activities. We have also started to make a cricket pitch for all the cricket lovers out there and the best part is, we have a group of people(including me) making it as our own project!


  1.  We have artforms called Kalakendra in school which we choose from at the start of the year and stay in and learn something new, like western vocals all the way to Tabla! ( this can be for multiple years as well) I have personally gone to tabla for 4 years, poetry and theatre for one year with tabla and this is my 3rd of western music. It is an experience that is priceless and is a must for people 


  1. I have fun in the time we get in between classes ( not like they are not fun!) to work on our ongoing projects or speak with friends just like that! Most learning in Pramiti is done  via projects and is a phenomenal way to work according to me because it helps us by making it easier and much more fun to do. It also helps by making us more of team players and making our social skills better as we go along in our learning journey.


  1. At the end of each day, we all write reflections about our day or anything we want to reflect about! That is not the final thing we do. The reflection has made me think deeper and helped me to get better and think before I do anything.


  1.  We also have our own responsibilities like watering the plants, cleaning the floors and tables. I love this thing that we do to keep our own environment clean! It makes us more responsible and makes us ready for any circumstance where we may need these features or qualities.



Overall I love my school and I would not change it for anything else! I don’t like the phase of online classes though. Hey! I have an idea! Maybe I can list out a few things I don’t like about online school! No… I can do that some other time ( they are still going on!) 


-Yash V. Kowdley


Comments

  1. Hi, it's beautiful to see a child of 7th grade take interest in sharing his experience through a blog with strangers. We are currently looking for a inclusive school for our daughter who is 4.4 yrs old now and is on the mild spectrum of autism.. Like your son, she too started reading from the time she was 3.5 yrs old. Now she reads whole paragraphs from news papers. Are they open to include children on the spectrum. We do not want her to go to a regular school who do not have time to appreciate her uniqueness. We want a place where she feels welcomed and celebrated.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The long winding road to an Elementary School

Tales of Sir Calm-a-lot