An ode to a HOME!



I stand this ground, for almost three decades
Strong and beautiful with paint that sometimes, fades.
I was built with mortar and bricks, a lot of thought and a plan
I've harboured under my care, one fantastic clan!

Through my windows and doors, as the sun rays flow in
My Lady, the 'Rani', works her magic in the kitchen.
Her lips carrying a smile always, she goes about her day
Forgiving and loving, always with a kind word to say.

Majestic teak panels, adorn my walls in all glory
My Master, the 'Raja' of this beautiful family tree.
The world comes to him for his thoughtful advice
His girls come first, no matter what the sacrifice.

On my floors of marble, he rolls and glides,
It is in him, everyone confides.
My walls hold no secret from him,
Loving this family to the brim.

Like my foundation, under the ground
There's an old soul leaving me spellbound.
She rules the roost with her iron fist in velvet glove,
Her knowledge and wisdom, a boon from above.

As I watched the Gulmohar leaves sway,
Three little girls came out to play.
The eldest watched over her sisters carefully,
Continuing over the years devotedly.
The second, filled with curiosity, prancing and probing
Her love and patience seem to keep growing.
The last was a bundle of joy, wrapped in sunshine
Today a woman so strong and her care so divine.

My french windows, with a welcoming appeal
Watched them three, bring home sons who were ideal.
How they blended perfectly together, I'm in awe,
For I'm told, they're sons in law.

My alluring front yard, with a lush green
The next generation of critters are seen.
Three brave boys and a mighty girl
I've seen them run, hop even twirl.

My walls house the magic that gets them to eat.
I'm where they all yearn to meet.
They are here now to move us along
Filled with life, singing a happy song.

Sweat and blood, they built me up
Right before my eyes, the years gallop.
Memories and bonds replacing the mortar and brick
The feelings and emotions, in me they stick.

Repainted, reworked, parts of me have been chipped
The years with this clan, so much joy whipped...
As I stand, protecting my precious family,
Never just me, always been  a resounding 'WE'.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The long winding road to an Elementary School

7 reasons why I love Pramiti - Yash V Kowdley

Tales of Sir Calm-a-lot