Happy Mother's Day, Dear Son!!

Dear Yash,

This mother's day I'd like to thank you son for making me a mother. I'm so happy that God made me a mother to a child as divine as you, my little angel. Being a mother to you warms my heart, knowing that you are growing up with the values of being honest and kind. I've seen many times these traits are reflected in your behaviour and all I can do is hope that we give you enough support and be the kind of parents that allow these values to blossom and shape you into a generous and upright young man.

You surprise me with your thoughtfulness. I was excited today to get the lovely trinket boxes that you handcrafted for me. I know that you planned with your grandmother yesterday, visited the arts and crafts store to buy the material, made it while I was out and finally filled it with chocolates. Today morning, as soon as you woke up, you smiled sweetly, and wished me 'Happy Mother's Day Mom'. Oh, my heart just melted :) To top that, you came back with the trinket boxes, one filled with chocolate and the other with some sequins. Truly a wonderful thought. To think that you are not even 7 yet and you can be so thoughtful about your mother restores my faith in you that you will always be kind to all women and will take good care of all women in your life. And I thank your dad for teaching you that!
The trinket boxes you decorated



I thoroughly enjoy your little performances. I know you will be great at it soon. I love how you do not give up easily. I see that you try and try till you get the hang of it. You get upset sometimes, and that worries me. But, I understand that you are still a boy and you are learning. You are strong son, not just physically, but in character too. I know you can do it, you will learn. 

I'm often proud and overjoyed with your intelligence and knowledge. You have a lot to learn but I am amazed at how you remember so much of what you've learnt and how you learn so quickly. I hope that I can keep this quest for knowledge alive in you for life, for that is when I am playing the part of a good mother to you.

Being your mother has been such a joyful experience. I want to thank you again, my baby, the love of our lives. Happy Mother's Day!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The long winding road to an Elementary School

7 reasons why I love Pramiti - Yash V Kowdley

Tales of Sir Calm-a-lot